Fall Cross-Country is here!
Here's what you need to do now to be ready for cross-country in the fall.
* Click here to share your contact information to receive updates throughout the summer and cross-country season in the fall (do this once per season).
* The deadline to order a uniform from Boathouse was July 11. The store is now closed. Check the store at this link to make plans for future orders.
* Attend the team informational/registration meeting on the evening of Monday, July 31, at Heritage Christian Church. Athletes, meet with coaches 4:30-6 pm for a workout, then come to the team meeting from 6-7 pm. Parents, drop off registration forms and payment (4:30-6 pm), then stay for the team meeting from 6-7 pm.
* Read these pages for details about the SMHS cross-country program (no need to print these pages).
* Print these pages (one-sided paper, please), fill them out, and bring to the registration meeting with your payment.
Parents and fans, feel free to post your meet photos on the related meet pages at Ga Milesplit. It's a simple way to share the fun!
The mission of the Starr’s Mill High School Cross Country and Track & Field program is to provide a positive student-centered environment in which student athletes will fully participate in and gain valuable life-long lessons. We emphasize a commitment to excellence in the classroom as well as on the athletic fields. Team members will gain life-long lessons in sportsmanship, teamwork, ethical behavior, perseverance, commitment, loyalty, self-discipline, accomplishment, cooperation, healthy living, responsibility, and leadership skills.
Our philosophy is to create a competitive and character driven program for Starr’s Mill High School Cross Country and Track &Field program. We hope that each athlete will remember how their experience made them a champion both on and off the field. The greatest rewards that athletes will gain on the team will be the rewards that come from being a part of a team. We want each runner to see the improvement that comes from consistent hard work and to value the importance of a commitment. We also want each athlete to know that he/she has achieved because of continued effort and dedication. Participating on an athletic team should be a wonderful experience from which each athlete can always look back and remember the lessons learned, friendships gained and goals achieved.
Spring 2016 SMHS Track & Field
Boys finished 4th in state (AAAAA)
Girls finished 4th in state (AAAAA)